So, you want to find the best POS system for a food truck? Is the business of food trucks a lucrative one? A study was done involving over 200 food truck owners by Food Drug Empire. These owners operated food trucks in California, Oregon, Texas, New York, and Florida. What did the study find? It discovered that in excess of $100,000 in annual gross revenue was earned by more than 85% of the entrepreneurs.
Here’s the breakdown:
- At least $50,000 was earned annually by 10.76% of the respondents
- More than $200,000 was earned by 21.52%
- $150,000 annually was earned by 30.04%
- $100,000 in annual revenue is generated for 34.08%
- Less than $50,000 per year was made by only 3.59% of the respondents
Does that sound lucrative?
Here’s even better news: Proper use of a high-quality, modern POS system can not only increase business, but offer numerous other benefits, as well.
POS Systems Components, Software, and Hardware
Only two components, more or less, make up each POS system: The software and hardware. Hardware, however, is comprised of the following:
- Network devices: for the systems on the premise, this provides Internet conductivity.
- Receipt printer: while some people may want a receipt emailed to them, others still want a physical receipt.
- Barcode scanner: so that it can be recorded in the POS system, the details of a product are read with a barcode scanner.
- Cash drawer: yes, some people still use cash, but you may also keep slips, receipts, coupons, checks, petty cash, and more in this drawer.
- Credit/debit card reader: customers can pay securely with magstripe cards, chip cards, mobile wallets, or contactless cards. This requires specific landline cables, SIM cards, and software.
- Interface: to help with customer transaction calculation and processing, this could be a simple register. But it may also be a system working on a mobile, touchscreen, tablet, or an iPad POS.
For the Best Food Truck POS System – Look for the Following
Your POS system and its quality may be determined by your budget. However, the following characteristics should be offered by the best POS food truck system for your specific purposes:
- It should accept mobile payments
- It should be capable of online ordering
- It should offer adjustability
- It should offer uninterrupted connectivity
- Real-time reporting and analytics should be available
- It should be user-friendly
- It should take up as little space as possible
- It should offer payment flexibility
So, you get the most bang for your buck, consult the knowledgeable representatives of United Banc Card of TN. They can introduce you to numerous high-quality POS systems and help you decide which is best for your food truck business.
Deciding on the right Point-of-Sale (POS) system for your food truck is a pivotal choice that could greatly impact the success of your venture. Rather than settling for traditional cash registers, today’s tech-savvy food truck entrepreneurs need dynamic POS systems catering specifically to their industry. Seamless transactions should be priority number one, but there are other factors and options to consider as well.
Choosing a mobile or tablet-based POS system can revolutionize order-taking by providing mobility throughout your compact space; think about how easy it would be working through big lines at peak hours! Also, opt for software that offers real-time inventory tracking. As inventory management can become quite challenging due to limited storage capacity in most food trucks, having an accurate count of what’s available and what’s not, would ease overall operations. This way you avoid disappointing customers with sold-out items while also keeping track of your bestsellers.
Working with United Banc Card of TN:
If you find yourself wanting to conquer your restaurant, retail shop, look no further than United Banc Card of TN. With their innovative solutions and trusted POS System services, they will guide you towards financial success. Whether you are a small business owner or an individual looking to manage your finances better, United Banc Card of TN has the tools and expertise to help. Email us or call us today @ 615-476-0255